Glen Athan - Berry/ Kangaroo Valley
- 4 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 2 Cars
Regarded as one of the South Coast's most stylish and authentic country properties, Glen Athan is a private 105-acre retreat with a recently completed and stunning family farmhouse, a world-class resort-style swimming pool and the most spectacular of views encompassing 180-degrees of the quiet and unspoilt Wattamolla Valley.
Blending the best of Australian heritage design and contemporary luxuries, the home features rustic wide-board flooring; timber-lined walls and ceilings; South Australian slate hearths; craftsman-built windows, doors and cabinetry; recycled timbers; and 150-year-old convict-hewn sandstone.
With four superbly-sized double bedrooms and three enormous bathrooms - all with underfloor heating - the home is perfect for families or entertaining large groups at weekends and holidays.
There is a grand central living area with open fire; a stylish bespoke kitchen featuring marble bench-tops and double butler's sink; an impressive walk-in pantry; a scullery; and a convenient tiled laundry and mud-room.
Off the generous entrance foyer is an inviting library with custom joinery and fireplace. The master bedroom also benefits from its own open fire, en-suite bathroom and room-sized private robe. Additionally, there is a large open study area; separate and quiet home-office; as well as a walk-in linen room; ample ancillary storage; and built-in robes for all bedrooms.
On the over-sized sandstone entertaining terrace there is a large barbecue and shower area adjacent to the breath-taking wet-edge pool; which is conveniently gas-heated to extend swimming times throughout the year and late into the summer evenings. To the rear of the property is a private and protected flagstone courtyard and rose terrace with a slate-roofed bread and pizza oven and a convenient and fully-irrigated kitchen herb garden. The wide wrap-around verandahs provide yet another venue for outdoor dining.
Both discreet and highly private, Glen Athan is elevated from the world below and blessed with cooling summer breezes and ever-changing views of the escarpment and valley to be enjoyed from every room in the house.
* All-weather access via a private, maintenance-free driveway.
* 90,000-litre underground rainwater tank plus 10,000-litre spring-fed tank for garden watering.
* Ryder's Creek flows through the property - fed by a series of impressive waterfalls.
* Timber cattle yards with ramp and commercial crush.
* Two-car garage; three-bay machinery shed; and a colorbond workshop and machinery store with power and 4500-litre water tank.
* Fox-proofed hardwood chook shed.
* Fully fenced paddocks, good grazing areas, rain forest and cedars.
* Bushwalks, trail-rides and abundant wildlife.
* Ideally situated just minutes from Berry and Kangaroo Valley and a short two-hour drive from Sydney CBD, properties of this quality rarely appear on the market and inspection is highly recommended for all serious buyers.
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Double Garage
- Formal Lounge
- Polished Timber Floor
- Separate Dining
See all features
43 ha / 105 acres
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.